Caring Hearts & Giving Spirits
In 2019-2020, the Pelican Sound administration asked the Charitable Foundation to manage requests by residents to conduct community-wide special charitable projects. One of our first projects was to help those around our Pelican Sound community during the pandemic. It was a successful initiative, and we are proud to say that we ‘Made a Difference’ by supporting food drives from May through December of 2020. These food drives benefited Café of Life and Interfaith Charities of South Lee.
GOAL: The goal of the Caring Hearts & Giving Spirits initiative will be to select a limited number of projects each year that will help local charities meet the ongoing and emergency needs of people in nearby communities.
- Residents or Pelican Sound community-based organizations may submit an application to conduct a special project at least 45 days before the start date of the project. The application is available by clicking the link below.
- The Grants Committee will review and recommend projects to the PSCF BOD for approval. Applicants will be notified as soon as possible after the Foundation BOD approves the project.
- At the request of the PSGRC administration, all communications regarding the project will be conducted by the chairperson of the PSCF Grants Committee or his/her designee. The Pelican Sound resident proposing the project (Project Leader) will be copied on communications as needed.
- If requested, development of Caring Hearts & Giving Spirits marketing messages will be conducted between the Foundation’s Marketing Committee chairperson and the Project Leader. Communication regarding marketing the project through the PSGRC website will be conducted by the PSCF Marketing Chairperson.
- The applicant(s) are fully responsible for the project. PSCF BOD members are not responsible for organizing or managing special project activities or materials such as signs, balloons, collection boxes, etc.
- Charitable organizations that receive grants through the Foundation’s grants program will not be eligible for a drive/ donation for the same type of project, or vice-versa.